Brassée pour la première fois en 1989, c’est la Pale Ale originale et favorite des gens de la Colombie-Britannique
De couleur claire et cuivrée, elle est fruitée au palais et offre des arômes de houblon terreux et une touche finale agréable et ronde. Nous sommes fiers que la Pale Ale soit, encore aujourd’hui, la bière artisanale la plus populaire de Colombie-Britannique.
Natural Ingredients really matter
Two-row, premium Canadian and Bavarian barley. Hallertau and Saaz hops. Bavarian yeast. Pure water. We source only the finest, natural ingredients that are truly worthy of a beer that bears the name “1516”.
Okanagan Spring Recipes – 1516 Bavarian Lager
Skewered Chicken SchnitzelPairs well with chicken and other meats.
- Beat eggs in a shallow bowl with garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
- In a separate shallow bowl, combine breadcrumbs (I pulse the bread slices in the food processor to get nice fresh crumbs) and Parmesan cheese.
- Dip Chicken into egg mixture to coat completely, then dredge in breadcrumb mixture, patting it on to help it stick and skewered.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over med-high heat.
- Cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- transfer the cooked chicken to an oven-proof platter or pan, and keep warm in the oven while cooking the remaining cutlets and making the sauce.
- Wipe the skillet clean with paper towels.
- Heat butter until melted and add wine.
- Heat 30 seconds and stir in broth and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer 2 minutes.
- Pour broth mixture over cutlets and serve.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon slices.
Best Serving Temperature
As a quick guide, the darker the beer, the warmer the temperature to let those full flavours come on out to play.
Based on the “Lovibond Units” beer colour scale, we know that it’s a great indicator of flavour. Especially if, like ours, it’s all-natural.
First Brewed in BC
Check the official records: many of our beer styles were the first to be brewed in BC.